Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Awards and Picke Jars

I love to blog. I'm happy to just post on most days. And to have followers and people commenting is amazing to me. So, to have a fellow blogger think I'm worthy of forwarding a blog award, leaves me jumping and shouting for joy, and enormous gratitude!
This past week I have been the oh so proud recipient of my very first ever blogging awards. 
The first from Mama Hen over at Mama's Little Chick!

Thanks Mama Hen! I love her blog too and her little girl is precious beyond words.

The second, an award from Mason's Mom over at the Adventures of Wee Mason, whom by the way is super adorable and she writes a great blog I can relate to!
So of course, because I love a good award, I will do her proud and list 10 things about myself that no one really knows and forward it to blogs that I like, with 65 or less followers. About the 10 things thing, no judging please. Here we go:

1. I am horribly afraid of heights. Anytime I have to take the elevator by myself, I desperately try to find the stairs. The kids have been doing a good job getting me out of that fear, I don't want them to be afraid so I really have to suck it up.

2. I hate my middle name. My middle name is Elaine. When I was a kid, all I thought was it was just like Elaine, the mean troll woman that lives under the bridge in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Enough said.

3. I have arachnophobia. Do I even have to explain this? Their creepy, crawly bodies make me freeze up every time I see them. Lucky my husband comes to my rescue. Now which one of my children can I train to be my spider killer?

4. I talk on the phone to my parents more than twice a day. I don't have a reason for this. Maybe being home all day with the kids makes me desperate for adult conversation. My husband is a nurse in the OR so, reaching him to chat is really out of the question. "Oh wait, too bad the patient is bleeding to death, my wife is on the phone!" Not really a good idea. But I do get to text him a couple times a day.

5. I almost didn't go on a second date with my hubby, whom I'm madly in love with. I hate to admit this now, but we laugh and joke about it. On our first date, he picked me up for lunch from work and he wore tube socks with sneaker loafers. I know this is very shallow. But obviously, I did go on a second date with him and swept me off my feet. I knew then that he was the love of my life and I love him more today then the day we were married!

6. I freaked out during my third c-section. "Freaked out" is a light term, it should be more like I frantically was seconds away from having a serious mental breakdown. I was horrified. I squeezed the blood out of my husband's hand, thank god he is an Operating Room Nurse, and I talked the ear off of the nurses in the room. That's what I do when I get nervous. The whole being awake during surgery thing is not my cup of tea.

7. I love peanut butter with chocolate. No explanation needed.

8. I workout obsessively. Working out is my vice and my drug of choice. It is what I can do for myself every morning and then feel good about tackling the day and being, pulled into THEIR world.

9. I never wanted to be a mom. That was until I met my husband. I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer and an anchor woman and everything else came second. But then I met my husband, and babies and houses with white picket fences danced in my head, so here I am 8 years and 3 babies later and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

10. I'm a reality TV show whore. Yes, everything. My DVR is burned out from recording so much reality TV, no matter what is is, The Real World, The Real Housewives of wherever, The Kardasians, Kendra, I love it, love it, love it. The more drama the better.

11. I bleed orange. This is not a secret, but any chance I get to tell this I do. I graduated from the University of Texas, where I was on the women's swim team. I love everything about my Longhorns and still regret to this day that I did not get a little Longhorn tattoo on my hip to express my love.There are 4 loves in my life, 1)my husband 2)my kids 3)my family and 4) The University of Texas.  
I will forever be a Lady Longhorn. Hook 'Em!

Now, who I give this award to? I thought long and hard about who and how many to give it to and I decided to give it to one blogger. One that I love reading about and one that I want to share with the rest of you.

Life in the Pickle Jar- "Pickle Pits" as she affectionately calls herself was a childhood friend of mine, who I have reconnected with through Facebook. She is a teacher, a wife and a mother of 3 kids, 2 of whom have Cystic Fibrosis. She a funny, down to earth, passionate blogger who has a great story to tell. She has opened my eyes and my heart to Cystic Fibrosis and what she goes through daily, not just with vest treatments and tests, but what must be going through her head. Even though she does not post a lot, she is so versitile and real. She talks about every under the sun from her family to dying her hair to taking a hiatis while mowing the lawn, one we can all relate to. I love her mind, how it works and how she makes me laugh. I hope you love her too. I am starting a Guest blogger series, and she will be my first, in 2 weeks so stay on the look out and check out her blog. In the meantime, I hope Pickle Pits accpets this award and writes a blog post, 10 things most people don't know about her, so that we can all get to know her better, before her guest post here!






3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards! Well-deserved!

    LOL @ your husband. Now -that's- a first impression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Awards are never a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award. Mama Hen is awesome at sharing the love! I love your middle name. Isn't it funny how names carry such different connotations for all of us? I figured out that being able to "suck up" fears and deal with them to not make our kids fearful is like the hallmark of parenthood.
    One night in Honduras I noticed a HUGE (okay, so it was the size of a silver dollar), furry spider crouched in a corner by my shoes. I shone my flashlight on it and could have sworn that his glow-in-the-dark green eyes followed the light. *Gasp* He could probably see me, too! There was not enough mosquito netting in the world to make me comfortable enough to go to sleep with THAT thing in my room. I marched down the darkened dirt rode with my flashlight in hand knocking on doors 'til I came to one with its inhabitants still awake. I borrowed a little boy who wasn't afraid of spiders, and he grabbed a paper towel and picked it up in his hand! Eeeeww! Problem solved. Now, I have to be the one who tries not to be afraid and kill the critters when the kids (and my husband) call for help. Not my favorite part of parenting! -EW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!