Thursday, November 11, 2010
Thursday Thirteen: 13 Ways to be happy through the eyes of my children
We can all take a lesson on happiness from our children. Although it comes at very high octaves, children create joy in the smallest of tasks. Here are 13 ways to to be happy through the eyes of my children.....
1.How old are your kids? that's the age level you are operating at on a daily basis, so kindergarten and preschool here. My biggest worries are when I'm going to get to play with my trains and what dress Barbie will wear today.
2. The easiest things produce the most amazing amount of joy, like getting your kid to poop on the potty or feeding themselves.
3. Desert is the best part of any meal, at least they've got that part right.
4. Who cares what people say, if I want to wear stripes on the top and polka dots on the bottom and my shoes on the wrong feet, then so be it.
5. The Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are right up there with God, they can make anything happen.
6. Mud puddles. Enough said. Which leads me to number 7 through 9....
9. and Snow
10. Short attention spans, need I say more.
11. Watch you child explode in smiles when you or you husband walk through the door, simple things have a way of making their day, and yours.
12. Try twirling until you can't stand up straight, not only will you feel like you have to puke, you will erupt with giddiness that rivals your 3 year old daughter.
13. Singing out loud, even if you don't know the words is a requirement in my house.