Monday, March 7, 2011

Unexpected Strength....and Motivation.

I have been having trouble finding the time to blog. The kids pulling me in every direction, my little one in and out of everything, on top of every open and empty table and chair and up the stairs once an open door or a gate, sets him free. And I have been having trouble finding the motivation. My  mind is often revolved around what mess I have to clean up next, who needs to be dropped off, picked up and homework, laundry, dinner. As you parent out there know, the list goes on. So when a post I had written about a tea party my mom held for my Aunt, was picked up by Emma Lea's Tea Zine, I was humbled and reminded why I started my blog in the first place. To express my thoughts, my feelings and to relate with others.  One part of the introduction touched me specifically and reminded me, that whatever is going on, no matter how chaotic and how challenging motherhood and life, can sometimes be, we all find the way to push on, persevere and come out stronger then we had ever imagined. She perfectly wrote, "Her story reminds me of the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water". 


To check out the post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!