Sunday, May 16, 2010

First solids, and the last....for now.

My almost 6 month old has suffered from severe Acid Reflux since birth and just recently was diagnosed with Delayed Gastric Emptying. To date we have him on 4 medications, a total of 11 doses daily: Prevacid, Zantac and Maalox for the Acid Reflux and Erythromycin for the DGE, which he just started about a week ago. Just as I was starting to think all these medications were overkill, it seems like this diverse cocktail is finally starting to be work.
So when John's Endoscopy came out "clean", everything was in working order and he was not allergic to foods he was eating at the time,basically just soy, I decided to take things into my own hands, jump in and go for some solids.

Peas first: Here we go, in for the first bite.



He tried it and...wore it.


And that's how John felt about peas.

Shortly after trying peas, I received an email from the doctor suggesting we hold off on solids for another week to make sure the combination of medications are working and to schedule an appointment to come up with a game plan.
Oops!

2 comments:

  1. A picture is worth a thousand words! Yep, best to put those peas back in the cupboard and wait for bananas. He looks like a banana kinda guy!

    thanks for the laugh!!
    xo
    k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I couldn't believe his reaction! I got the go ahead from the GI doc to go full speed with solids so we'll see!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!