Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Why Mothers Need Their Sleep"

This video is in response to my Sleep Deprived Saturday post yesterday.
I don't require a lot, but I do need my sleep or at least an occasional 10 minute power nap in the middle of the day. If I don't get my sleep, especially at night, it's not pretty, the horns come out and anything in my path better walk with caution. And besides, any type of chaos, disaster or temper tantrum is so much easier to hand on a good night's sleep. So, when I came across this video, I couldn't stop laughing. And when my husband and I watched it together we were seriously almost in tears.
It's hilarious.
Not that I sit on the edge of the bed at 5:00am starring down my husband that could sleep if a tornado was tearing down our house. I'm just saying.....



5 comments:

  1. LOL!! Seriously... I think I jinxed myself by telling you my little man broke his streak yesterday. Last nite he woke around 1:45a. My hubby took a crack at it bottleless, got him quiet and once he hit the crib he went off again (this boy can scream), so I convinced him to go back with the bottle this time, bottle went down baby went to sleep and hit the crib and BAM wailing again. So we tried to let him soothe himself until I couldnt stand hearing the coughing leading to the spit-up. So I took my turn, it is 2:45am now. After 45 minutes he had closed his eyes in my lap, i laid him down, he stayed there for a minute then as I tried to sneak out of the room, he jumped up again...this time i just had to let it go, i knew nothing was wrong so i let him cry and finally after about 20 minutes he went out at the bottom of the crib, width-wise. So today is a tired day. I hope you get your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes, I can certainly relate to what Jim has to say. With regard to the bedwetting thing...we can always find a way to tie it back to poor old Hubbies around the world (that "poor" bit being totally sarcastic because they are usually quite deserving of whatever they get!). Have a peaceful Sunday! -EW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even tell you how much I am laughing! Very funny about the water before bed! I could vaccuum and my husband won't hear a thing! Ha! Have a great night! This really put a smile on my face!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great!
    Our boys fell asleep last night on the way home from town which is a DISASTER. They sleep for 20 minutes and then as soon as we stop the van they are WIDE awake and have just had a nap - which means they are up LATE. It's just WRONG that they don't need sleep like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL wow that guy's hilarious, I don't think I'd seen him before! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm enjoying yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!